Know the Facts
- According to the College Equality Index, 38 colleges offer gender-neutral housing for LGBTQ students. None of these colleges are in Texas.
- Texas is one of eight states with a "no promo homo" law, meaning school instruction is designed to put down LGBTQ relationships and sexuality.
- Twenty percent of LGBTQ college students fear their safety due to their gender identity or perceived sexual orientation, according to the National LGBTQ Task Force.
- A Task Force study also lists derogatory language as the most common form of harassment against LGBTQ students.
- Bestcolleges.com came out with a list of the 30 best colleges for LGBT students. Texas was nowhere to be found.
Click to set custom HTML